Experience Based Co-Design in Healthcare: A Quality Tool – February 2020
Experience Based Co-Design in Healthcare is a quality tool that provides a structured approach bringing patients, families and staff together to co-design better care delivery processes and environments, drawing from patient, family and staff lived experience.
Date: 13-02-2020 All Day
Experience Based Co-Design in Healthcare is a quality tool that provides a structured approach bringing patients, families and staff together to co-design better care delivery processes and environments, drawing from patient, family and staff lived experience. Developed in England, Experience Based Co-Design (EBCD) is an innovative, meaningful and accessible technique, which empowers patients and staff to make changes that will improve healthcare delivery.
This is a complementary tool to other quality improvement methods such as LEAN, and will be an expectation in our next Accreditation cycle.
LEADS Domain: Enhanced Performance
Learning Hours: 5.5
HHS Staff and Physicians: $75
Date(s): Thursday, February 13, 2020
Time(s): 8:00AM - 3:30PM
Location: Ron Joyce Children's Health Centre, Rm. 1-014AB
John Terpou, Patient Experience Specialist, Hamilton Health Sciences
Tina Petrelli, Patient Safety Experience, Hamilton Health Sciences
Jane Hastie, Patient Safety Experience, Hamilton Health Sciences
- Staff and physicians who will lead quality initiatives and unit based improvement projects
- Individuals who will support/lead Accreditation teams
- CQI units and others working on improvement opportunities through A3 problem solving
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the value of using EBCD to better understand the patient, family and staff experience
- Recognize how EBCD compliments CQI methods and tools
- Practice applying EBCD concepts and tools for quality improvement initiatives and further build quality improvement skill sets
- Use structured tools to easily engage patients and families in quality improvement for CQI initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for integrating program concepts and tools into their improvement work
- Support teams in meeting Accreditation standards which encourage co-design processes and environments
Special Course Features:
Continental breakfast and sign-in at 8:15AM