Date: 23-09-2021 Afternoon
Date: Thursday September 23, 2021
Time: 5:00PM to 7:00PM
Location: Zoom (address provided after registration)
- Computer with audio and video capability
- Computer capability to link outside of Citrix
All HHS Staff and Physicians
From Anderson Cooper to Oprah to Google, everyone seems to be talking about mindfulness. But what is it really? Mindfulness is a way of meeting life’s challenges with greater calm and wisdom. Mindfulness promotes personal wellness and professional resiliency. It is an evidence-based practice in which participants experience:
- greater ability to cope with daily stress
- lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- greater ability to learn and focus
- enhanced interpersonal communication and relationships
- greater energy and enthusiasm for life
This 2 hour workshop is designed to give you a basic understanding of the science and practice of mindfulness. You will also learn about the mindfulness courses offered to staff, leaders and physicians at HHS, specifically designed for the unique needs of healthcare workers.
At the end of this program you will be able to:
- Know more about mindfulness:
- What is it?
- How does it work?
- How can it help reduce stress in your personal and work life?
- Develop and plan for future mindfulness learning
- Adopt strategies to enhance your own personal mindfulness practice.
Diana Tikasz, MSW; Mindfulness Program Coordinator
LEADS Domain: Lead Self
Learning Hours: 2
Cost (HHS Staff and Physicians): Free*
Cost (Non-HHS): Not available, for HHS Staff only