Introduction to A3 Problem Solving Thinking – August 17, 2021 (Virtual)
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) is a system that introduces processes and tools to ensure those closest to the work are empowered to improve it. One of the goals of CQI is that everyone, everywhere in the organization is able to call out and solve problems that occur in their daily work using a standardized, scientific approach to problem solving.
This approach is called A3 Problem Solving or “A3 Thinking”. It can be used for problems of all sizes and involves finding and tackling the root cause of the problem.
Date: 17-08-2021 Afternoon
LEADS Domain: Engage Others / Achieve Results
Learning Hours: 2.25
HHS Staff and Physicians: FREE
Non-HHS: N/A (Not currently offered to people outside of HHS. To express interest in attending future offerings, email email@example.com)
Date(s): Tuesday August 17, 2021
Time(s): 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Zoom (address provided after registration)
- Computer with audio and video capability
- Computer capability to link outside of Citrix
All HHS Staff and Physicians interested in learning a new problem solving tool.
Identify ‘waste’ in the workplace and apply a disciplined, systematic and repeatable approach to process improvement.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate a problem (opportunity for improvement) from a potential solution
- Write a problem statement
- Recognize the value of solving a problem to root cause
- List the 8 Wastes of Healthcare and recognize them in the workplace
- Describe simple ways to use data to identify whether a change resulted in an improvement
- Apply A3 Problem Solving to scenarios from various work environments within HHS
CQI Coaches from the Hamilton Health Sciences Quality and Value Improvement Team