Date: 28-10-2019 All Day
Date: 29-10-2019 All Day
Date: 30-10-2019 All Day
Date: 31-10-2019 All Day
LEADS Domain: Achieve Results
Learning Hours: 30
Cost (HHS Staff and Physicians): $1250
Cost (Non-HHS): $1500
Cost (CCHL Members): $1500
* Non HHS: $1500. Although this program is intended for an internal audience, it is open to those who work in other organizations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Date: October 28 to October 31, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:30 pm
Pre-course Teleconference: Date TBD
McMaster Centre for Continuing Education - 1 James N. Hamilton Rm. 110
Staff and physicians who will lead a team through a quality improvement / process improvement initiative.
Participants must satisfy the following prerequisites:
• Be able to write formulas in Excel and navigate worksheets
• Have an understanding of control charts, run charts, histograms and typical bar charts
• Have a laptop with Excel and a mouse for use during the program.
• Participate in a 1 hour pre course teleconference (date TBA) during which the course instructor will provide the following:
• an overview of the program
• what to expect post training
• discussion about what a “good” Lean Six Sigma project is
• how to prepare for the course
Highly Recommended for:
A four-day interactive training session that uses simulation and other hands-on activities to teach participants how to complete process improvement in a healthcare environment.
The program is Power Point-free, experiential, and conducted in a non-traditional classroom setting that follows the full process improvement change cycle. Participants will have the opportunity to practically apply the Lean tools in a safe environment.
• Perform a Lean Simulation
• Build an effective team
• Apply advanced Lean tools
• Apply concepts of Lean Leadership and sponsorship engagement
• Conduct a Lean hospital simulation for Measurement Training, Value Stream Mapping and System Mapping.
• Sustain the gains made from an initiative
• Measure success and how to close out the initiative
Bonita Matushewski, BJM and Associates (BJMA)
Special Course Features:
Participants should bring a project/problem to the course—although it is not guaranteed that each project will be discussed during the session, it is expected that the project be followed up within 6 months of training. Mentoring will be provided following the course by Quality Specialists from the HHS Quality and Value Improvement Program.
This program does not lead to Green Belt Certification, for those wishing to complete the certification process, post program mentorship is available from the program vendor at an additional cost. Contact email@example.com for details.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION: Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 10.00 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.