Date: 22-02-2019 Morning
LEADS Domain: Lead Self / Engage Others
Learning Hours: 4
Cost (HHS Staff and Physicians): $175
Cost (Non-HHS): $400
Cost (CCHL Members): $375
Date: Friday February 22, 2019
Time: 8:30AM to 12:30PM
Location: Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre, Rm: 1-014B
Staff and Physicians who work to develop others
Highly Recommended for:
- Physician Leaders
- Clinical Educators
This innovative program is an introduction to coaching skills for managers, leaders and those who work to develop others. It features three things that make the difference and help develop coaching skills as an every day habit.
Good intentions aren’t enough
As a leader, you know the value of developing coaching skills – coaching can increase your focus and capacity, reduce feelings of overwhelm and drive both engagement and impact.
But even with the best of intentions, today’s time-strapped leaders often find themselves defaulting to a limited old-school management approach: telling people rather than asking them; solving problems for them rather than helping them figure out. This old school approach perpetuates bottlenecks, fire-fighting and leaders with just too much stuff on their plate. In CQI our leaders are moving from a “command and control” mindset to developing others to problem solve, think differently and get to the root cause of problems instead of jumping to solutions. But how? Theory, models and exhortations to “do more coaching” aren’t going to make a difference. This course will help leaders develop the coaching skills, insights and support to make coaching a habit – and a regular and useful part of the way they lead and manage.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use the 7 most powerful coaching questions-- core questions that can be used in any conversation.
- Apply The Coaching Bookends™ – powerful ways of starting and finishing any conversation to help increase its coaching impact
- Develop their own plan to embed the new tools, skills and behaviours into their day to day work to get it “in their bones”
Susan Lynne; Box of Crayons
Special Course Features:
Following the course, you will have access to a 108-day follow-up process. This resource includes:
- Access to a comprehensive “Booster Shot”™ learning portal,
- A tracking tool to identify possible coaching moments on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- An action plan and commitment to practice their coaching skills for 90 days
- An accountability support system between participants that keeps people encouraged and engaged
- A 108-day eCourse that helps key lessons from the coaching program stick
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION: Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 3.75 Category I credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.